GUIDELINES FORDEALING WITH AN INCIDENT/ACCIDENT
· Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of
· Is there a risk of further injury?
· Listen to what the injured person is saying.
· Alert the qualified First Aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
· In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services – 999.
· The telephone number for NHS Direct is: 0845 46 47 or see
· Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised and safe.
· Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
· Contact the injured person’s parent / carer / guardian.
· Complete an Incident / Accident Report Form.
Dr S H H Zaidi & Partners
335 Eastwood Road North, Leigh on Sea. SS9 4LT
Telephone: 01702 529111 (Out of Hours: 0845 850 2783)
Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff on Sea, SS0 0RY
Telephone: 01702 435555
Leigh on Sea Police Station, 01702 471212